Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Party's Over!

I rested on Monday...the legs were a wee bit sore in the morning, so I thought why not make it a rest day? I had the day off, so I scheduled a facial in the morning (to use a gift certificate I had gotten last April at one of my baby showers) and was planning to do a little shopping and see a movie in the afternoon. It was great to finally have a "me" day...the first since having the munchkin.

But, enough is enough. If you've been reading my blog for long, you know I can't sit still for long.

Must.burn.calories.

So Tuesday, I decided to take the legs out for a super-easy, short 2-miler around the 'hood and see how everything felt. For the first couple of minutes, my legs felt heavy. Fortunately, after a little while the cobwebs were gone and I was moving better. The temps were perfect - I love running in cool weather! Afterwards, my legs felt great and I was ready to go home to the hubby and kiddos. There's no time to rest on my laurels...there are races coming up!

Tuesday, 1/20 - 2.1 mile outdoor run, 11:26 pace
Monday, 1/19 - Rest Day

No comments: