Saturday, July 04, 2009

Friday

I know, I know - being very original again with the titles.


Friday turned out to be a really, really fun day. The hubby and I both had the day off, so we decided to go ahead and take the kids to school so we could hang out. He did want to mow they yard, since we had family coming over on Saturday, so I went for a swim while he did that and then got home in time to help him finish up.

Next, we went for a bike ride in my new favorite riding neighborhood. The hubby has a mountain bike and hasn't done any real mileage on the road in a long time, so it really wasn't fair that I was on my road bike. We got in about 11 miles at a 12 mph pace, we did slow down a few times to check out some of the houses for sale...no, we're not looking, it's just that some of these houses are frickin' HUGE and gorgeous!

(NOTE: I've since been told that only a saddistic weirdo would get all excited about working out on their day off...guess I am a weirdo, LOL!)

By the time we made it back home, we were starving! We headed over to a local eatery in Old Town Spring and had an awesome lunch. We walked around a bit and then headed to the Wimberly Winery tasting room to check out the wines. Next stop - Wallyworld and Target to check out the inflatable pools for the kiddos. Finally, we ended the day with some grocery shopping. I know that doesn't really sound fun, but it reminded me of our pre-kiddo/munchkin days. Plus, I am so used to going to the grocery store with 2 kids that always seem to get cranky after 15 minutes of shopping, so to go with another adult was awesome! It's the little things, I tell ya!

Workout Stats
Swim, 1050 yds - 100 yd warm up, 300x2, 150 drills, 100x2
Bike, 11.3 miles, 12 mph

No comments: