Friday, May 29, 2009

The Nat

My morning run with a friend fell through, so I decided to head to the Y for a swim. Funny, because I called my friend Jenn as I was heading to the Y and she was heading to the CISD Natatorium. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hey Jenn, it's Christy...my run fell through so I thought I'd see if you wanted to meet up at the Y for a swim.

Jenn: Do you have $5?

Me: Ummm, Yeah. Uh, Huh?

Jenn: I am on my way to the natatorium, I'm not far from you and can pick you up

Me: Actually, I am not far from there already.

So, I turned my car around and decided to meet her there. Let me tell you...after this experience, I may never want to set foot in the Y pool ever again. The pool is absolutely awesome! They had the lanes set up for 50 yds, so that was awesome in itself. No stopping at the wall every 25 yds...fanfreakingtastic!! The yards seemed to go by so quickly. And, it's so nice and clean. Spotless. No hairball jellyfish, no weird crap at the bottom of the pool...ahhhhh! All I can say is that I'll be back!!!

Oh and the swim went well too. I am getting better at breathing on the freestyle, but still have to switch to sidestroke pretty often. No worries though...it was a fun time and a great workout. Oh and of course hanging out with Jenn for the 1st time in awhile was great too!

The only downside is that I got in my car to find that it was already 10 am! Oh crap, I had a hair appt at 10:45 and still had to shower, get dressed, etc. It was a bit crazy but I made it!

No comments: