Thursday, May 07, 2009

National Day of Prayer

While I’m not the most religious person, I do believe in the power of prayer. I just recently began attending church on a regular basis again…something that I let slide completely during my two years of grad school. Since it’s the National Day of Prayer and since there are some people in my life who need all the help they can get, I thought today would be the perfect day to remember them in prayer. Who are they?

  • Aunt Joyce, who is suffering from a rare form of blood cancer. She has good days and bad days, but the good days are getting less and less frequent.
  • My father in law, Jose, who has silicosis. His lungs are gradually hardening with scar tissue, making it more and more difficult for him to breathe. He is actually doing pretty well all things considered.
  • President Obama, who is leading our country during a pretty crazy time. May be make decisions that are in the best interest of our country and not just the special interest groups.

National Day of Prayer was even recognized at my office, which these days is probably pretty rare. So, who are you praying for today?

No comments: