Monday, May 25, 2009

Vacation all I ever wanted...

I am officially on vacay this week! Whoot!

Monday, May 25 - Swim, 45 minutes
So the day didn't start as planned. I woke up at 6:00 am, jogged over to the neighborhood pool, swiped my access card, pulled the gate handle and nothing happened. When I looked down, I noticed that there was a chain and a padlock on the gate. Lovely! I did seriously consider jumping the fence. Really. It's not that high. But, I was afraid I'd get arrested for trespassing or something. So, I jogged back home grabbed the car keys and headed to the Y.

I swam for about 40 minutes. Freestyle and sidestroke, sidestroke and freestyle. I could really tell that I skipped my swims last week, because I never felt like I was really in the groove. Oh, and I was lapped about 10 times by a grandpa. LOL!

I spent the rest of the day with the family - playing at the park, playing board games, etc. Fun, fun!

Oh, and before I forget...just something I remembered about my run on Friday - I don't ever want to eat dinner before a long run. I felt completely disgusting for the first mile or so. Ick!

No comments: