Sunday, June 21, 2009

Brick

I realized about a week ago that I hadn't had a brick workout since TriGirl! Yikes! I didn't get in my long run this week, but I could not let the week go by without a brick!

Since Sunday was Father's Day, I figured I better get the workout out of the way on Saturday. So I took off around 7:30 pm for a 12 mile ride and a 2 mile run. There was some headwind, but not too terrible. And there was a short stretch where I had a tailwind - that's always fun, because I could get my speed up to 23 mph. Too bad it was only for a minute or two though. Overall speed for 12.3 miles was 17.0 mph. I stayed at 16.9 mph for most of the ride, but was determined to get it to 17, so I gave it a final push at the end.

Next, I put the bike in the garage and took off on the run. I could definitely tell it had been awhile. My legs felt like bricks! But somehow I still managed to start out too fast. Overall speed for 2 miles - 10:27. Slower than my previous bricks, but it is warmer than it was back then.

Not a long workout, but overall it felt like a pretty good one. Guess it's the whole quality over quantity thing. I do want to get out for a longer ride soon! The Tour de Pink is coming up, so I'd like to see if I can do the 60-miler this year. The problem is getting the longer rides in. I'll have to figure something out!!!

No comments: