Wednesday, June 03, 2009

National Running Day!

It was National Running Day! It was a crazy, busy day at work but at the same time I really wanted to get in a run. So I compromised and snuck over to the Y for a quickie 2-miler on the treadmill. Not sure if it was even worth the effort, but it was good stress relief and felt good to get the legs moving. Also, it's week 6 of "Operation Get Faster"...I opted to run for time with my intervals - 6x2:00, with a 1 minute rest and worked on foot turnover. By the way, if you are interested in some speed work, Jamoosh has a great blog post about the subject here.

Our neighborhood has actually started a running group, so I am toying with the idea of see what that's all about. If nothing else, I can meet some other runners in the 'hood.

No comments: