Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recap of the week

Monday, 6/8 - no workout
This week hasn't been a very active one for me. For whatever reason, I did not feel like going to the Y for my Monday lunchtime dreadmill run. The plan was to hop on the dreadmill at home that evening, but that didn't work out either because the kiddo had other plans for me. :-)

Tuesday, 6/9 - Spin Class (50 minutes) & Swimming (35 minutes)
Tuesday, I did do my regular spin and swim. Good stuff! However, you can definitely tell that summer is here. When I went to shower and change clothes after the spin class, there were about twenty 4/5 year old girls in the dressing room changing out of their swimsuits. Yeah, it's one thing to get dressed in front of your own 4-year old, but 20? I was in too much of a hurry to get back to class to really care, so I hurried along my merry way.

Then, when I went to the pool it was a madhouse! There was one lane open for lap swimming, the rest were taken over by swim classes and there were kids and families everywhere! To top it off, it takes me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get all the way to the Y. Then I find out after 35 minutes of swimming that the Y pool closes at 7 pm now! Makes no freakin' since to me, since we could swim until 8 pm when it was still cold outside, but now that it's summer and there are pool-friendly temps the pool closes earlier? Genius!

Oh well, the kiddo now has swim classes every Tuesday and Thursday starting tomorrow so I won't be going to the Y for the next few weeks anyway...I'm hoping that I can use the neighborhood pool later that night. That is, if the gate isn't locked or something. :-)

Today...no workout
This wasn't a planned rest day, but I have been having a toothache all week and turns out I needed a root canal from several years ago re-done. Yuck. I wanted to run on the treadmill during my lunch break, but we were celebrating a co-worker's birthday during lunch. The whole dental procedure went well (minus the $1100 I had to spend...aaccck!), but a friend told me to be careful about running afterwards. Apparently getting the heart rate up and all that blood pumping can make the tooth throb. Not wanting to miss a workout (especially intervals!), I confirmed this with my dental office and sure enough.... (not that I didn't trust my friend, I just wanted to see if it was the norm). So, no intense exercise for 24 hours = no spin class tomorrow either. I will still swim laps tomorrow if I can!!!

That's enough rambling for the day! Happy hump day!

No comments: