Wednesday, June 03, 2009

More spin and swim

Same workouts, different Tuesday.

Spin Class, 1 hour
Had a kick butt time in spin class. I love spin class, because I have been seeing results on the bike. I give it my all here and love it!

Swim, 45 minutes
Looks like I’ll be driving to the nether regions of The Woodlands again, as the Y near my office has changed it’s lap lane hours. The lap lanes are now closed between 5 and 7 pm. Bummer! Damn summer swim lesson! So, once again I am wasting a ½ hour getting to the pool in BFE. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

The swim went okay. I was sharing a lane with a super fast guy who continuously lapped me. Yeah, that was fun. The breathing is getting better on the freestyle, but I still have to slaps some sidestroke in there to finish the distance. I’ve noticed in my 40-45 minutes of swimming, I am doing several more laps than I used to - equating to about 300 more meters than usual. I’m wondering if I should incorporate more drills into my swim workouts, or just keep working on finishing the distance comfortably???

No comments: